Pinoy food trip favorite Shawarma Rice. Ang sarap ulit ulitin! Make it at home for some guilty pleasures or why not venture into a small food business? Swak na swak sa food trip negosyo. HappyCooking
SHAWARMA RICE RECIPE
For Beef Tapa:
500g beef sirloin, tapa cut
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
Bird’s eye chili, optional
For Cucumber Salad:
1 pc cucumber, seeded, halved & sliced thinly
4 pcs tomato, seeded, sliced
1 medium white onion mince and cubed
For Garlic Yogurt Sauce:
1 small tub yogurt (125ml)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp minced fresh garlic
1/8 tsp salt
For Shawarma Rice:
2 cups long grain rice (Jasmine or basmati)
2 cups water
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 tsp kasubha (crocus in english or dried safflower)
1. Arrange the cucumber salad ingredients together in a bowl, serve on the side of shawarma rice.
2. For the White Shawarma Sauce:
In a bowl combine together all ingredients for garlic yogurt sauce. Keep mixed sauce in the chiller until ready to use.
3. Rinse rice, put in a rice cooker together with water, margarine and kasubha. Cook rice as we would normally do. Once cooked, fluff rice to distribute color. Set aside and keep warm.
4. For the beef: In a bowl, marinate beef in soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder and black pepper for 20 minutes or overnight.
5. Pan fry marinated tapa in oil until browned. Chop into pieces.
6. To assemble, put rice on plate, cucumber salad on the side. Top minced tapa over rice. Drizzle garlic yogurt sauce all over the beef & rice.
7. For the Pink yogurt sauce: Just put a drop of hot sauce over your garlic sauce. And your diner can choose from regular sauce or hot sauce. Serve and Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Credits @Loidiman, @JnnyRoseglz and @Rafik
Want a Mama’s Guide Mobile App? From our website, go to chrome browser settings and click “Add to home screen”. An icon will automatically display on your mobile screen for you to access our website anytime you want.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our daily updates of recipes and click yes to notifications. Happy cooking!