This Sizzling Bulalo steak is super yummy with the brown sauce and mushrooms. Of course you can cook it even without a sizzling plate. Cook the shanks in advance, then quickly prepare the sauce. Easy peasy, its ready to serve!
SIZZLING BULALO STEAK
2 kg beef shanks, sliced 1″ thick and pre-cooked
5 cloves garlic, minced then toasted
For the sauce:
2-1/2 cups beef stock (from cooking beef)
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp liquid seasoning
1 tbsp soy sauce
2-1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp iodized fine salt
1 tbsp fresh milk (or any milk liquid)
1-1/2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1-1/2 tbsp water
100 (15 pc) grams button mushrooms, sliced
1. In a pan, combine sauce ingredients together except last two.
2. Boil then reduce heat. Add cornstarch mixture and simmer until sauce thickens.
3. Add mushrooms, mix well and remove from heat.
4. Add about 1/2 cup of sauce to 350 grams of beef shanks. Mix well and reheat.
5. Transfer to a hot sizzling plate, top with some toasted garlic and spring onions.
6. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Want a Mama’s Guide Mobile App? From our website, go to chrome browser settings and click “Add to home screen”. An icon will automatically display on your mobile screen for you to access our website anytime you want.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our daily updates of recipes and click yes to notifications. Happy cooking!