2 tsp instant yeast
2/3 cup water
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 large eggs
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup ube halaya
grated cheddar cheese
sugar (to taste)
1.In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup of water. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl with dough hook, place sifted all-purpose flour, sugar and salt. Mix at low speed until incorporated.
3. Add the dissolved yeast, remaining water, eggs and evaporated milk. Mix for 2 minutes at low speed then mix at medium speed for approximately 4 minutes.
4. Add ube halaya and continue mixing until it well combined. Transfer the dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic.
5. Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature. Punch down the dough and divide it into pieces weighing 60 grams each.
6. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes then cover with plastic sheet to prevent from drying.
7. Roll out the pieces thinly into 8″x5″ rectangles. Brush surface with butter.
8. Roll into a long rod and twirl into shape, locking ends to seal.
Place each piece in a greased ensaymada molder.
9. Let the dough rise until it doubles in size. (Approximately 1 1/2 hours at room temperature)
10. Bake for 17 minutes at 325 F (160C) or until golden in color.
11. Let the bread cool then remove it from molder.
12. Brush the top of each ensaymada with creamed butter and sprinkle with grated cheese and sugar.
13. Serve. Share and Enjoy!