Try the crusty creamy cupcakes of Mango Graham Cupcakes. Its triple fruity, grahamy flavored mango cupcakes all melts in your mouth. Its a heavenly pleasure treat for any special occasion. You got to try it!
Mango Graham Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
½ cup all purpose flour
2 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ cup butter, cut and softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 tsp. Mango Extract
¾ cup milk
For the Mango Frosting:
3 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of fresh mango, small cubes
Large mango cubes (for toppings)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F or 176°C
2. Line muffin tins with cupcake paper liners or parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs & baking powder together and set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until it becomes light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well after adding each egg.
5. Add the Vanilla, Mango Extract and Milk.
6. Add the flour alternately with the butter, egg and milk mixture until well incorporated.
7. Pour the batter into the cupcake liners, up to ¾ full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
8. Once cooked, remove from oven and let it cool first. Then carefully remove the cupcake from the pans and finish cooling on a wire rack. Set it aside.
For the Mango Frosting:
9. In a medium saucepan, mix milk and flour in over medium heat and whisk to dissolve the flour in the milk. Whisk it continuously and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook until it becomes thick and smoothy. Keep stirring and cook it until it looks so stiff and stable.
10. Turn off the heat and transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap touching its surface to prevent a skin from forming while it cools. Set aside.
11. In a separate bowl, beat butter using your whisk until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat until well combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to get all the sugar incorporated in the mixture. Beat for another minute. Pour the vanilla extract and stir well.
12. Drop the cooled flour & milk mixture by tablespoon and continue beating the mixture until well incorporated. Fold in the fresh mango cubes into the frosting.
13. Use an ice scream scooper and top one scoop of frosting in each cupcake. Dust it with crushed grahams on top and a fresh mango cube. Serve and enjoy!
To make the cooling faster for milk and flour mixture. Place it in freezer for about 5minutes.