Kababayan Bread is a pinoy muffin recipe. It’s a favorite classic corn muffin bread shaped like sa “Salakot” or native hat. Back in my childhood days these kababayan breads are so cheap. It is very common in any bakery here in Philippines up to these days.
Kababayan Bread Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 176°C.
- Combine dry ingredients – flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until smooth. Add this mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Grease the muffin pans with butter or baking spray.
- Transfer the mixture into the greased muffin pans using an ice cream scoop or spoon until half-full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until brown.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar (if desired).
- Remove from muffin pans and cool on wire racks.