Pancit Malabon is not saucy or has lesser sauce compared to Pancit Palabok. Pancit malabon sauce is just enough to stick in the noodles. Pancit Malabon is cooked with thick round rice noodles.
It contains seafoods such as Tinapa Talaba and Pusit because Malabon is famous for their seafood market. Malabon natives would usually soak their rice noodles overnight before cooking rice noodles.
Pancit Malabon Recipe
- 1 kilo fresh rice noodles (thick and round, soaked for 10 minutes in water and drained) – or Delicious Special Pancit Malabon Noodles Brand*
- 6 tbsp achuete oil
- 6 cups shrimp juice
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup pechay Baguio, sliced
- 1 cup chicharon, crushed
- 1 cup smoked tinapa, flakes
- 1 cup adobo oysters,
- 1 ½ cup shrimps, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 kilo adobo squid
- 1 cup pork, cooked and cubed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped finely
- 4 tbsp fried garlic
- 4-6 pcs calamansi, sliced
- Dissolve 1 cup of flour in 1 cup of water. Set aside.
- Heat achuete oil in a pan. Sautèe garlic, then add shrimp juice. Allow to boil. Pour in water with dissolved flour. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Boil water in a wok or large saucepan. Fill a luglugan or bamboo strainer with noodles, pechay Baguio.
- Dip into the boiling water and drain. Put in a large bowl.
- Add sauce, crushed chicharon, and tinapa flakes. Toss, then transfer to a plate.
- Top with oysters, shrimps, squid, pork, egg slices, spring onions, and fried garlic. Serve with sliced calamansi.
*How to cook adobong talaba: add to 1 cup vinegar: 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and 3 cloves minced garlic. Boil for 3 minutes, then add fresh, shelled talaba. Let boil for 1 minutes. Do not overcooked or talaba would shrink into pea size.
*How to cook adobong pusit: Boil squid in a mixture of vinegar, pinch of salt, minced garlic, and pepper. After 5 minutes, separate squid and garlic from sauce. Heat a little oil in pan, fry squid and garlic. Stir for 5 minutes and add sauce again. Simmer another 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Note: In cleaning squids, be careful not to pierce its small “bag of ink” which gives the delicious flavor in the adobong pusit.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
*(This is an affiliate link: I may earn a little amount when you buy from this link connected to the seller).