Inspired from Sandy Daza Wooden Spoon Restaurant. This Ginataang Pechay is creamy and tasty. Budget-friendly Filipino recipe you must try, great to match with fried chicken or barbeque.
Stuffed Pechay Rolls with Tinapa Flakes
10 large pechay leaves, cut off the white stalks
300 grams tinapa flakes
1 ½ cup coconut cream
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
2 green chili (siling haba)
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Spring onions for garnishing (optional)
1. Place and spread out pechay leaf in a plate then add a tablespoonful of tinapa flakes at the center.
2. Roll and secure the filling like a lumpia wrapper (be careful not to tear the leaf). Do the same procedure for the rest of the leaves.
1. In a small pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion, tomatoes and chili flakes.
2. Arrange stuffed pechay in a single layer then pour coconut cream.
3. Add green chili then season with turmeric powder, salt and pepper.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce is curdle and reduce.
5. Transfer to serving plate then top with spring onions. Serve with steamed rice.