Inspired from Sandy Daza Wooden Spoon Restaurant. This Ginataang Pechay is creamy and tasty. Budget-friendly Filipino recipe you must try, great to match with fried chicken or barbeque.
Stuffed Pechay Rolls with Tinapa Flakes
- 10 large Pechay leaves, cut off the white stalks
- 300 grams Tinapa flakes
- 1 ½ cup coconut cream
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 green chili (siling haba)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Spring onions for garnishing (optional)
- Wrapping: Place and spread out Pechay leaf in a plate then add a tablespoonful of tinapa flakes at the center.
- Roll and secure the filling like a lumpia wrapper (be careful not to tear the leaf). Do the same procedure for the rest of the leaves.
- Cooking: In a small pan, heat oil then sauté garlic, onion, tomatoes and chili flakes.
- Arrange stuffed Pechay in a single layer then pour coconut cream.
- Add green chili then season with turmeric powder, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce is curdle and reduce.
- Transfer to serving plate then top with spring onions. Serve with steamed rice.