Makes 12 | Prep Time: 20 mins | Bake Time: 25 mins
Black Forest Cupcakes Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. (1.5 oz.) Corn oil
- 10g Cocoa powder (0.8 Tbsp.)
- 70g Chocolate (about 1/2 cup)
- 45ml Water (about 3 Tbsp.)
- ⅓ cup (40g) cake flour (preferred), or all-purpose flour
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 Egg whites
- 30g (2 ⅓ Tbsp.) sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- Fresh cherries
- Whipping cream, toppings
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- In a small pan, heat up corn oil, remove from heat and add in cocoa powder and chocolate, stir until chocolate melted.
- Add in water, flour and egg yolks, well mixed and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, use electric hand mixer and beat egg whites with cream of tartar and sugar till peak forms, fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture in 3 batches till fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into lined cupcake pans and bake in preheated oven for 25 mins. Remove the cupcakes from oven once it is cooked and cool completely on a wire rack.
- From the top of the cupcake, make a small hole in the center of each cupcake, and brush the canned cherry syrup in the hole, then stuff a canned cherry inside it.
- Squeeze whipped cream on top of the cupcake and garnish with fresh cherry and shredded chocolate.