You can cook the classic old Camote Cue or you may also do the modern Camote Fries and serve it in paper tray to save you from buying sticks. This is way easy and budget friendly. Just slice it into finger sizes or bite size fries, not too thin though so it doesnt get mashed.
Camote Cue/Fries Recipe
1 kilo of camote (any type: yellow, orange, etc) peeled and cut about 2 cm thick.
one cup of brown sugar
2 cups of cooking oil
1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
1. In a deep frying pan, pour your cooking oil. It should be very very hot.
2. Put your brown sugar and start making a caramel. The caramel will float on top.
3. When the sugar has all melted add your sliced camote.
4. Cook for about five to ten minutes depending on the thickness of your camote.
5. Powder them with cinnamon powder when they are done.
6. Use barbeque sticks for a better presentation. Happy cooking!
You may also try our:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.