Look at these cheese dynamite lumpia recipe, it is so spicy it will blow you away (sasabog ka sa anghang at sarap)! Serve it with your favorite Sweet Chili Sauce or mayonnaise-ketchup dipping sauce. These snacks are the bomb! Best for Sunday Foodtrip with friends, or Appetizer too for beer drinkers.
CAUTION: Do not use bare hands in removing the seeds of Siling Haba or green chili peppers. Please use gloves or use spoon when scraping the seeds. Touching the seeds can result into uncomfortable burning sensation that will last up to hours. Even after you wash your hands with soap and water.
FIRST AID TIPS: If ever the Chili Pepper burn your hands: Wash hands with coconut milk or sapal ng niyog or any milk. Or rub hands with mashed dahon ng sili.
Cheese Dynamite (Chili Cheese and Ham Stick)
16 large size long green chili, (siling haba, pangsigang) or you can alternate red/green bell pepper
4 pcs. sweet ham slices, cut into strips
1/2 block 180g Eden cheese, cut into strips
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1. Filling: Slit along the length of each chili and scrape off and discard seeds. Rinse thoroughly with running water and drain. Keep aside.
2. To Assemble: On a plate place one piece of lumpia wrapper, place 1 chili at one end of the wrapper making sure when rolled the stem of the chili is exposed. Fill the chili cavity with cheese and ham strips, fold ends and roll wrapper. Wet the other end with water to seal. Repeat process with the rest.
3. Wrapping batter: Mix and blend well cornstarch and water together.
4. Dipping sauce: Mix and blend well mayonnaise and garlic together, keep aside.
5. Frying: Heat generous amount of oil in a wok. Now dip each roll in the wrapping batter and deep fry at medium to low heat in batches for 2-3 minutes or until the skins are crisp and turned to golden brown. Remove from wok and drain excess oil. Serve while the skins are still crisp with the prepared dipping sauce.
You may also try:
Thank you for dropping by our website!