Your donuts will puff up, once it’s cooked..and you can immediately pick it up with a tong and drain in paper towels. Let it cool first. don’t be excited before you frost it. I must know, I get excited all the time.
Makes about 1-1/2 dozens donuts.
3 1⁄4 cups (14 oz.) bread flour, sifted
3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, grated
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3⁄4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, plus 2 yolks
Canola oil, for forming and frying
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, grated
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1⁄4 cup heavy cream
1. You can use a stand mixer or manually mix it.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, powders, soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside. Combine sugar, butter, bittersweet chocolate, vanilla, buttermilk, eggs, and yolks in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment; beat until smooth. With the mixer is running, slowly add dry ingredients and mix until a soft, sticky dough forms.
3. Heat 2″ oil in a small saucepan until a deep-fry thermometer reads 350°.
4. Using lightly oiled hands, roll about ¼ cup batter into a loose, sticky ball; pat gently into a disk. You can use an improvise cutter like a cup and a bottle lid for the center hole. Make a 1½” hole in the center of dough; carefully slide into oil and fry, flipping once, until puffed and golden, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a baking sheet with a wire rack; repeat with remaining dough and let donuts cool completely.
5. For the Chocolate Glaze: In a bowl, mix unsweetened chocolate and confectioners’ sugar.
6. In another pan, bring cream and 2 tbsp. water to a boil over high heat. Pour cream over chocolate; let sit for 2 minutes without stirring, then whisk until smooth. Dip tops of donuts in glaze and return to rack until glaze is set.
7. Serve and Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.