Simple, easy, and to die for chocolate nutella cake! From using a chocolate cake box bought from groceries. Make a cake like a pro.
This is basically, a beginners chocolate hazelnut cake.. Even if you’re just new to baking or it’s your first-ever cake…you can amaze your loved one’s with this luscious decadent cake for your special occasion! A birthday cake bake by you makes it more special for someone you love.
Chocolate Nutella Cake Recipe
1 box Devil’s Food or Chocolate Fudge cake mix, plus ingredients called for on package
1/2 cup Nutella (or chocolate-almond spread)
Nutella Buttercream Frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup Nutella
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 176°C (or 350°F). Spray two 9” cake pans with nonstick cooking spray or oil.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions, adding the Nutella.
3. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake according to cake package directions.
4. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely. Set Aside.
For the Nutella Frosting:
5. In a stand mixer, beat together butter and powdered sugar on low until well-blended. Add Nutella and increase speed to medium. Beat for two minutes.
6. Add vanilla extract and salt and whip for an additional 30 seconds. Add the whipping cream and beat for about one minute, until the frosting lightens slightly in both color and texture.
7. Assemble: Frost between layers, top and on the side of tthe cooled cake. Make sure the cake is cool before you start frosting or your frost will melt in a hot temp cake.
You may top it with fresh sweet strawberries too. Serve and Enjoy!
This recipe goes well with:
Thanks for dropping by our website. Please don’t forget to visit us everyday for more new recipes to learn. Happy cooking and enjoy!