* 6 cups water
* 8 pieces unripe bayabas (guava), halved
* 1 piece tomato, quartered
* 1 piece long green chili
* 1 piece small red onion, quartered
* 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce(patis)
* ¼ cup radish, thinly sliced
* ½ cup okra, sliced
* ½ cup sitaw (green beans)
* ½ cup eggplant, sliced
* 1 bundle kangkong leaves
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* 500 grams shrimp, cleaned and trimmed, head on , shell on
Cooking tips: I use rice washing whenever I cook Sinigang na hipon, reserve 2nd wash of rice water.
1) Pour water, add bayabas, tomatoes, chili and onions in a pot and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for 20 minutes in low heat. Mash the bayabas a little bit with the back of a wooden spoon.
2) Add the shrimps, fish sauce, radish, okra, eggplant and sitaw then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the kangkong leaves and simmer for another minute . Season to taste. Serve hot.