This Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Recipe is Filipino Style. It goes well with Morisqueta Tostada and Lumpiang Shanghai menu. An absolute winner treat for your family on a weekend. Super tasty with real simple pinoy ingredients. Happy cooking!
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp – Filipino Style
For the Sweet and Spicy Shrimp:
1 tbsp butter (for searing of shrimps)
¼ kg shrimps, cleaned and trimmed
Shrimp broth: boil shrimp heads and shells in ¼ cup water; strain and set aside
1/2 cup flour (for breading shrimp)
2 tbsp butter
½ tbsp garlic, crushed
¼ tsp wansoy, finely chopped (a.k.a. Chinese parsley or cilantro)
1 tsp spring onions, finely chopped
1 sachet Oyster Sauce 30g
½ tsp brown sugar
For the chili garlic sauce:
1 ½ tbsp red chilis, de-seeded (option to lessen depending on desired spice level)
¼ cup red bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced
2 tbsp garlic, peeled and crushed
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp cornstarch + 1/4 cup cold water
For the Chili Garlic:
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped add some little water to make it like a sauce in texture.
2. Transfer it in a small pan and cook it for 3 minutes. Add slurry to thicken sauce (1 tbsp cornstarch + 1/4 cup water)
For the shrimp:
1. Roll each shrimp into flour, shake off excess and fry shrimps in butter. Turn over per side until crispy and brown in color. Set aside.
2. In a pan, sauté garlic, wansoy and spring onions in butter.
3. Add in brown sugar, chili garlic, shrimp broth and Oyster Sauce. Stir it well
4. Let it cook for a minute or two.
5. Pour sauce into the crispy fried shrimps and toss. Serve hot and Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.