For the Sweet and Spicy Shrimp:
1 tbsp butter (for searing of shrimps)
¼ kg shrimps, shelled and deveined
Shrimp broth: boil shrimp heads and shells in ¼ cup water; strain and set aside
1 tbsp butter
½ tbsp garlic, crushed
¼ tsp wansoy, finely chopped
1 tsp spring onions, finely chopped
3 tbsp chili garlic mixture (above)
1 sachet Oyster Sauce 30g
½ tsp brown sugar
For the chili garlic sauce:
1 ½ tbsp red chilis, de-seeded (option to lessen depending on desired spice level)
¼ cup red bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced
2 tbsp garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tbsp cooking oil
Pinch of salt
For the Chili Garlic:
1. Combine all ingredients except for cooking oil in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. As an alternative, you may also pound the ingredients together using mortar and pestle.
2. Heat oil over low heat heat and cook for 3 minutes. Yield should be around 3 tbsp.
For the shrimp:
1. Fry shrimps in butter turn over per side until pinkish in color. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic, wansoy and spring onions in butter.
3. In a regular bowl, combine brown sugar, chili garlic, shrimp broth and Oyster Sauce. Combine well and mix this into the garlic wansoy mixture.
4. Add the shrimps. Mix well and serve hot. Enjoy!