Taste much better than the regular leche flan! The banana actually complements the egg, making it more creamier.
Banana Leche Flan
1 big can (15oz) evaporated milk
1 big can(14oz) condensed milk
6 egg yolks
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 aluminum molds (llanera) for leche flan
a pinch of salt
a dash of cinnamon
1 riped banana, mashed
For the Caramel:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1. In a medium bowl, stir and mix sugar until dissolved into water.
2. Heat in a sauce pan until it caramelize, pour right away into prepared tube pan. Let it stand to cool. (The caramelized sugar will harden as it cools down.)
3. In another mixing bowl, combine well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks, vanilla, mashed banana, a dash of cinnamon and pinch of salt using a hand mixer or a blender.
4. Transfer the mixture in the prepared tube pan with hard caramel.
5. Prepare a Baine marie tray with hot water and place the tube pan on top, bake for about 45 minutes at 180°C (350°F)
6. Do a toothpick test to check if it’s cooked, insert it on the center and if it comes out clean. Let it cool before unmolding in serving plate.
7. Run a thin knife around the edges of the mold to loosen the Leche Flan. Place a platter on top of the mold and turn upside down.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.