The best and perfect homemade Butterscotch Sauce Recipe – it’s easy to make too! Great for steamed pudding or just ice cream sundaes and cake recipes too.
Butterscotch Sauce Recipe
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup all purpose cream
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
1. Keep all the ingredients measured and ready.
2. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt butter on low heat.
3. Before the butter melts entirely, add the sugar at medium-low heat.
4. Turn the heat down and let the sugar melt. This should take 5 minutes.
5. When the sugar turns fully liquid, add the cream and whisk till uniformly combined. Let it simmer on low heat for 2-4 minutes. Make sure you keep stirring occasionally. Also, make sure not to burn the sugar.
6. Once it starts bubbling, turn off the heat and pour in a stainless steel bowl.
7. Add half the vanilla and half the salt. Give it a taste, if there is room for more, then add the remaining salt and vanilla or until you get that butterscotch flavour. (You can add bourbon (if available) to give it a kick of authentic flavor, but this is just optional).
Happy cooking and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.