The best and perfect homemade Butterscotch Sauce Recipe – it’s easy to make too! Great for steamed pudding or just ice cream sundaes and cake recipes too.
Butterscotch Sauce Recipe
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup all purpose cream
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1. Keep all the ingredients measured and ready.
2. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt butter on low heat.
3. Before the butter melts entirely, add the sugar at medium-low heat.
4. Turn the heat down and let the sugar melt. This should take 5 minutes.
5. When the sugar turns fully liquid, add the cream and whisk till uniformly combined. Let it simmer on low heat for 2-4 minutes. Make sure you keep stirring occasionally. Also, make sure not to burn the sugar.
6. Once it starts bubbling, turn off the heat and pour in a stainless steel bowl.
7. Add half the vanilla and half the salt. Give it a taste, if there is room for more then add the remaining salt and vanilla or until you get that butterscotch flavour.
Happy cooking and enjoy!
Photo by @dailies.id
You may also try our new recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Don’t forget to Pin us in Pinterest.
You may also “Add Mama’s Guide to your Home Screen” just like an app for android or IOS.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.