Did you miss cooking Chopseuy Chinese Style? Did you know that the more colorful is better for you. It is healthy, nutritious and super delicious for our body. So enjoy and happy cooking!
Chopsuey Chinese Style
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- ¼ small cabbage, cut into 1-inch thick strips
- ½ small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- ½ small green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 8 mushrooms, sliced into 2
- 8 Sweet pea, halved crosswise
- Black dried mushroom (soak with hot water and sliced thinly)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup chicken thigh fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 4 to 5 pieces baby corn, halved crosswise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened. Add chicken and cook, stirring regularly, until color changes.
- Add vegetables, Sweet pea, carrots stirring gently to combine, when it’s halft done add and all other vegetables and cook cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add oyster sauce.
- In a bowl, combine ¼ cup of cold water and corn starch and stir until corn starch is dissolved. Add corn starch mixture to pan, stirring gently.
- Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes until vegetables are tender crisp and sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.
You can add ½ broccoli, cut into florets & ½ cauliflower cut into florets. And add quail eggs if you like.