Eto yung papaitan baka na mas bitter pa sa ex boyfriend mo. Hahaha. Best Ilocano Papaitan Baka recipe at best pulutan recipe. Try it today, happy cooking!
Papaitan Baka Recipe
1/2 kilo beef and internal organs (tripe, liver and beef tenderloin)
1/4 kilo beef tenderloin (cut into 1/2″ cubes)
1/4 cup beef bile or apdo
1 pc medium size onion, chopped
1 head garlic, minced
1 pc ginger, about 1 inch, slivered
2 pc red chili pepper and siling haba
3 Tbsp. vinegar or kalamansi or lemon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1 Tbsp. patis or fish sauce (according to taste)
1/4 cup chopped spring onion (optional)
1. Wash and mash the internal organs with banana leaves with 3 Tbsp. salt to remove the musky odor.
2. Make sure that the intestines are very clean.
3. Boil the internal organs on a big pot until tender then remove from liquid and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Set aside.
4. Saute ginger, garlic and onion. Stir fry until the onions are cooked and add the internal organs. (I used butter to sauté the ginger, garlic and onion)
5. Stir fry again until some broth comes out of the internal organs.
6. Season with salt and pepper and adjust the amount according to your desired taste.
7. Stir fry for a few minutes then add some water, just enough to cover all the ingredients.
8. Simmer and add the beef tenderloin until the tenderloin is cooked.
9. Drop the red chili peppers/siling haba, pour the bile little by little to prevent the dish from becoming too bitter.
10. Season with patis and adjust the amount according to your preference.
11. Serve hot and garnish with spring onion. (optional)
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.