Homemade Chicken Sandwich Spread Filipino style, easy to make and so delicious with any bread. Everyone will surely enjoy this sandwich!
Yield: about 4 Cups
Homemade Chicken Sandwich Spread
1 kilogram chicken breast fillet
1 teaspoon salt
2 bay leaves
3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
½ teaspoon pepper corns (for boiling chicken)
1 cup pineapple relish (or crushed pineapple)
½ cup minced carrots (or pickle relish)
1 medium onion, minced
2 stalks celery, minced
2 cups mayonnaise
2 tablespoons condensed milk
salt and pepper powder to taste
Extra Garnish: Lettuce, cheese slices, and cucumber slices (optional)
- In a pot, place chicken meat in a single layer. Add salt, bay leaves, garlic and pepper corns. Add enough cold water to cover meat for about 1-inch.
- Bring the water to a boil over medium heat and then lower to a simmer. Cover and continue to simmer chicken for about 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain from liquid and allow to completely cool. Shred meat.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken meat, pineapple relish, onions, carrots, celery, mayonnaise and condensed milk. Stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Arrange with a slice of toasted bread, and layer of lettuce, cheese, cucumber slice, then chicken spread. Top it with another toasted bread. Sliced diagonally. Enjoy!