Any seafood feast won’t be complete without the shrimp/gambas..red, saucy, sizzling spicy Gambas! Oh my this is sinfully good. Big no if your allergic to it. Im just thankful I’m not..because this is my favorite. Cooking Tips: You can add more garlic, the more garlic the better it will taste.
Spicy Gambas Recipe
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 head garlic, minced (10 cloves)
1/4 cup lemon juice (1 lemon, if no lemon use calamansi)
1/2 cup green chili, sliced diagonally (adjust to level of spicy tolerance)
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
4 tbsp butter or olive oil
1 large-sized white onion, quartered
1 tablespoons cooking rice wine (optional)
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons hot sauce (or sriracha sauce)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix lemon juice and shrimp, leave and marinade for 30 minutes or more.
2. In a frying pan, heat butter. Wait until it is melted over medium to low heat (be careful not to burn the butter). Add in your garlic and saute until the color turns light brown. You can smell the oroma when it’s cooked.
3. Add the onions and red bell pepper then cook until the onions becomes transparent. Add in your shrimps and cook for 2 minutes only. It becomes rubbery when overcooked so do not cook for a long time.
4. Add the cooking rice wine, salt, and pepper then cook for another minute.
5. Add the tomato sauce and stir.
Put-in the hot sauce and simmer for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and set-aside.
6. Prepare and heat your sizzling plate if you have one and transfer the shrimp along with the other ingredients.
7. Garnish with chopped green chilies, extra toasted garlic (bought in bottles) and serve. Share and enjoy! Yummm..
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.