Super sarap ng sinaing na tulingan sa dahon ng saging. Maaring gumamit ng sampaloc or kamias kung anu man ang available sa iyo na pampaasim. I-layer lamang ang isda sa ganitong paraan or maari din ibalot ang bawat isda sa dahon ng saging. Mas mainam kung gagamitin ang palayok imbes na kaldero upang mas magkaron ng aroma ng luto sa claypot.
Sinaing na Tulingan
2 kilos medium-size tulingan (bullet tuna)
Small square of banana leaf, enough to cover the bottom of your palayok (clay pot)
2 bunches of unripe sampaloc (tamarind), washed and cracked
5 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup sea salt
Pinch of pepper
¼ kg of pork fat, sliced into thin strips
5 pcs siling labuyo or siling haba
2-3 cups water
banana leaves, wilted
1. Slit fish midway (center) on both sides and press to flatten. (But if you have the big bullet tuna just slice them).
2. Line bottom of pot or palayok with 4 to 5 pieces of fish (with banana leaves), sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with pork fat, garlic, sili and sampaloc
3. Add another layer and repeat
4. Add water until fish is covered
5. Cover the palayok and place it over hot coal until the water evaporates.
6. Cook until a little liquid is left at the bottom. This is called patis ng isda (fish sauce).
7. Serve with fresh, chopped tomatoes and fish sauce over hot, steaming rice.