This Ube Decadence copycat recipe from Max’s Restaurant is an all time favorite dessert when visiting Max. Its like a creamy white panna cotta with ube filling in the center and a garnish of ube cake crumbs.
This is basically a panna cotta recipe with a twist of Filipino ube filling in the center. The heavy cream makes it taste absolutely delish! Alternatively, if heavy cream is not available you may use all purpose cream. But use of heavy cream will make it unforgettable. Happy cooking!
Where Can I buy Heavy Cream in Philippines? Heavy creams are available in major supermarkets like SM supermarket or baking stores. Look for it in the chiller section. Look for brands like Anchor and Arla.
Ube Decadence Ala Max’s
(Ube Panna Cotta)
2 ½ cups heavy cream
¾ cup whole milk or fresh milk
2 packets Knox gelatin powder or any gelatin brand
1/2 cup cold water
Homemade ube jam
Macapuno or langka preserves, (optional)
Ube cake crumbs for toppings (optional)
Making the base:
1. Heat cream with sugar in a medium sauce pan until sugar fully dissolves.
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a medium-sized bowl and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Add gelatin to heated cream.
4. Stir to dissolve gelatin.
5. Add milk. Whisk until all ingredients were incorporated. Turn off the stove.
6. Fill ramekin or molder with little amount of base mixture about 1/4, just enough to hold the ube jam.
7. Second step, add ube jam and macapuno preserve on top of the first layer of base mixture.
8. Pour base mixture again, enough to fill the ramekin and cover the ube jam with macapuno preserve.
9. Let it chill. Once set, run a sharp knife around the edges to release the panna cotta.
10. Transfer to a serving dish by inverting the panna cotta. Sprinkle with ube cake crumbs for a complete feel of “Max’s Ube decadence” if desired.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Photo used for this recipe is © Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipe. All rights reserved.