Meatless Friday Menu? How about Bangus ala Pobre with lots of toasted garlic toppings.. Hmmm sounds really good. Happy cooking!
Bangus Ala Pobre
1 kilo daing na Bangus, boneless
2 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 head Garlic , minced
1 medium white onion, divided (sliced in rings)
½ cup Soy Sauce
½ cup Water
3 pcs Calamansi, juiced
1 tsp Cornstarch
2 Tablespoon water, cold
Salt and pepper
1. In a medium pan, saute garlic in oil until slightly brownish. Drain and aside.
2. Using the same pan, saute half of onions until soft and translucent. Add soy sauce, 1/2 cup water and calamansi juice.
3. Boil and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes Pour cornstarch mixture (dissolved in little water) and stir until sauce thickens.
4. Season your bangus with salt and pepper and fry in another pan.
5. Add the fried bangus in the soy sauce mixture and simmer for a few minutes. Add remaining onions.
6. Turn off heat. Transfer into the serving platter and sprinkle with lots of fried garlic. Enjoy!!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: ma*********@gm***.com or message us on our Facebook Page.