This Pianono recipe is the classic and simple recipe you have been looking for. You can make it special too by adding your favorite filling like ube, chocolate or custard. Happy baking!
3/4 cup Softasilk flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
For the filling:
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup caster sugar, and some for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Separate and keep the egg whites from the yolk.
3. Use a large mixing bowl and beat the egg whites with an electric mixer.
4. As you constantly beat the egg whites, slowly add the sugar in small batches. Until well incorporated and no traces of sugar left. Set aside.
5. Next, beat the egg yolks and combine them into the egg whites batter.
6. Adjust the speed of the electric mixer to slow and add the flour. Continue beating until batter is light and fluffy.
7. In a greased tray lined with parchment paper with a size of 13×13, spread the batter evenly. Bake until the center of the cake is cook or springy. About 5 minutes.
8. Once done, cool for 5 minutes. Do not cool the pianono roll completely because the roll must still be warm to ensure pliability.
9. Dust a clean and dry tea towel generously with caster sugar.
10. Carefully flip the pianono upside down onto a clean and dry tea towel. This can be done by laying the dusted surface of the tea towel directly on top of the pianono in the pan, folding the edges of the tea towel under the pan, grabbing the sides of the pan, flipping it carefully onto a hard surface and removing the tin.
11. Spread melted butter all over the cake, then sprinkle with caster sugar.
12. Position the cake so that the longest side is facing towards you.
13. Roll the cake away from you tightly. Dust with caster sugar, slice and serve warm. Happy Baking!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.