Skip to content
Post Views: 40,511
Simple menu you can easily cook for any busy days. Yummy, healthy and delicious. Can also be made as a side dish to any fried chicken or fish.
Sweet and Sour Tokwa (Tofu)
- 3 blocks tokwa/tofu (cut into cubes)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into square size
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into square
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup sugar + 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water or reserved pineapple juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 4 tablespoons water
- In a non stick pan, heat oil and fry the tofu cubes until golden brown. Drain from oil and set aside.
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onions and ginger until fragrant. Add red and green bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until just tender. Add pineapple chunks and let cook for a minute.
- Pour in sweet and sour sauce to the sauteed vegetables. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat. Then add the cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce.
- Lastly, add the fried tofu cubes and mix well. Check the sauce one more time and adjust seasonings, adding salt and/or vinegar if desired. Turn off heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Share this to your friends: