Simple menu you can easily cook for any busy days. Yummy, healthy and delicious. Can also be made as a side dish to any fried chicken or fish.
Sweet and Sour Tokwa (Tofu)
3 blocks tokwa/tofu (cut into cubes)
1 white onion, chopped
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 red bell pepper, cut into square size
1 green bell pepper, cut into square
½ cup pineapple chunks
¼ cup sugar + 3 tbsp sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup water or reserved pineapple juice
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 4 tablespoons water
1. In a non stick pan, heat oil and fry the tofu cubes until golden brown. Drain from oil and set aside.
2. In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
3. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onions and ginger until fragrant. Add red and green bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until just tender. Add pineapple chunks and let cook for a minute.
4. Pour in sweet and sour sauce to the sauteed vegetables. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat. Then add the cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce.
5. Lastly, add the fried tofu cubes and mix well. Check the sauce one more time and adjust seasonings, adding salt and/or vinegar if desired. Turn off heat.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Credits: Tuton Family Kitchen
Thanks for dropping by our website. Visit us daily for more new recipes. Happy cooking and enjoy!