BEEF ASADO RECIPE
- 1 kilogram beef tenderloin (I used breakfast steak or tapadera, sliced in strips)
- 1 small can (80 grams) liver spread
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 2-3 medium sized potatoes, squared
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 packs tomato sauce (250g/pack)
- 2 tbsp calamansi juice extract
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 ½ cups water (8oz./cup)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 bay leaf (dahon ng laurel)
- 1 tbsp cooking rice wine (optional)
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Prepare an airtight container (I used recycled Ice cream tub) or you may use a large bowl.
- Marinate beef with the soy sauce, calamansi extract, rice wine, worcestershire sauce, black pepper and place it inside the fridge for overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic and onion. Saute until onion is soft and translucent. Set aside.
- Heat a pot, add marinated beef, sauteed onion and garlic and half of the water. Mix well. Bring to a boil while stirring from time to time.
- Let it simmer over low heat for up to 1 hour. Add remaining water in portions everytime water is reduced.
- Once the beef becomes tender, add in tomato sauce, potato, carrots and liver spread. Stir it well and let it boil for a few minutes until potatoes are cooked. Add bay leaf and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Stir once in a while to prevent scorching the bottom of pot. Turn off heat when potatoes are cooked. Serve hot and enjoy!
Also check out our latest recipe:
Photo is a copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipes. All rights reserved.