MASHED POTATO BOMBS
3 cups leftover and chilled Mashed Potatoes
1 pack bacon, 1 slice per bomb
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
1 cup cheese (cheddar, mozzarella or any) cut into chunks
Pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
toothpicks, cut in small size
Oil for frying
Sour Cream and toppings for dipping
1) Use a mixing bowl, mix mashed potatoes, egg, and salt and pepper until well incorporated. Texture shouldn’t be runny but a little bit firm. You can place it in freezer for easy shaping.
2) Get a small scoop of the Mashed Potatoes (just enough size on your palm) and place it your palm like a small plate, place a cheese cube in the center and wrap around to form a ball. Place it freezer if its too mushy to form.
3) Add the Breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl, and roll evenly in the Bread Crumbs.
4) Wrap a slice of bacon around each one and make sure it covers all sides. Seal it with a toothpick and fry them in the oil quickly. You dont want to toast it much. You just want a cooked bacon and slighly melted cheese inside.
( 350 degrees until they are evenly golden)
5) Transfer to plates lined with paper towels to drain oil.
6) Serve them with Sour Cream dippings on the side. Yummm..enjoy!
You may also try our newest recipe:
Credits: Phuong Tran
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.