Paksiw na Tilapia sa Gata – Simmered fish in vinegar, fish sauce (patis) and long chili (siling haba) and then simmered again with coconut milk.
Paksiw na Tilapia sa Gata
- 3-4 tilapia
- 1 medium size onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 1 pack vinegar (250g)
- 1 bundle Pechay
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Red chili (optional)
- 2 Siling Haba (long green chili pepper)
- 1 tbsp Patis (fish sauce)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a cooking pot, place tilapia, vinegar, garlic, ginger, long chili, patis and pepper. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- When the fish is already cooked, add the coconut milk and simmer for a minute, add pechay, red chili and salt to taste.
- Turn off heat and serve it hot. Enjoy