Banana Turon with Langka (you can add cheese strips too!) – is made from fresh slices of Plantain Bananas with sweetened jackfruit strips wrapped in spring roll wrappers, fried in oil with sugar caramel and drizzled with toasted sesame seed. Serve it with a scoop of Ice cream on the side! Yay.. its mouth-watering..
TURON WITH LANGKA
6 pcs saging na saba, cut in half lengthwise (banana plantains)
1 cup ripe/sweetened langka (jackfruit)
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
12 pcs spring roll wrapper
2 cups cooking oil
toasted sesame seeds, garnish
1. For Wrapping: Prepare your spring roll wrappers on a plate.
2. In another plate, add sugar and coat 1 banana slice in brown sugar evenly. Then place it in the center of the spring roll wrapper, together with 1 piece of langka on the side. Nicely fold the wrapper like an envelope. Roll the wrapper and lock the edges with a touch of water. Repeat the same until all banana slices are wrapped.
3. For Frying: In a shallow pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add a few tablespoons brown sugar and wait until it floats.
4. Start frying the wrapped banana and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on wrapper.
5. Drain from oil and drizzle with toasted sesame seeds on top. Serve hot during dessert or meryenda. Share and Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.