Pancit Cabagan, ang pancit ng mga taga Norte. Cabagan is a town in Isabela where this delicious pancit originated.
This pancit is best ever, a must try when you visit Isabela province in the north. Solid itong Pancit Cabagan sa sarap!
Pancit Cabagan Recipe
500g fresh egg noodles
200g pork belly, sliced
100g pork liver, sliced
1 cup pork chicharon, crushed
1 dozen quail eggs, hard boiled
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 head cabbage, julienned
1 bunch bitsuwelas, julienned (french beans)
1 carrot, julienned
5 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
3 tbsp cornstarch
patis/fish sauce, to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook fresh noodles according to package instructions. Drain the set aside.
2. Sprinkle salt in pork, heat a pan and pour oil. Fry pork belly until brown and crispy, remove from pan and transfer to a plate, set aside.
3. Saute garlic and onions in the same pan until onions becomes soft.
4. Add in the pork liver and saute for a minute or two.
5. Next, add carrots, bitsuwelas and cabbage and stir fry for 2 minutes until vegtables are of crisp tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
6. Dissolve cornstarch with 1 cup of stock and set aside.
7. In the same pan over medium heat, start pouring 4 cups of chicken stock, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce, bring it to a boil. When sauce is boiling pour the cornstarch mixture and simmer until sauce thickens. Add with fish sauce to adjust taste. Season with ground black pepper.
8. Gently fold in the noodles and half of the vegetable mixture in the pan, turn of the heat then place in a plate.
9. Top with remaining vegetable mixture, chicharon and quail eggs then serve with calamansi on the side.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.