Stir fry is said to be a Chinese cooking process which dates back for over 1500 years. The basic stir-fry involves a quick frying of meat over high-heat with some vegetables in oil using a wok. Meanwhile, the popularity of stir fry became global and many people are adapting this cooking process because of its ease and quickness in preparation.
Beef Stir Fry with Baby Corn
1 kilogram beef sirloin, sliced into thin strips
15 pieces baby corn, sliced
1½ cups snap peas
2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 can mushrooms, sliced
½ cup light soy sauce
¼ cup oyster sauce
3 tablespoons cornstarch
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Shoaxing cooking wine (optional)
3 tablespoon cooking oil
1. Arrange beef in a bowl. Add ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper.
2. Sprinkle the cornstarch to thinly coat the beef but not too much. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat a wok or a pan. Pour-in the cooking oil. Once the oil gets hot, stir-fry the baby corn, snap peas, mushrooms and red bell pepper for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Transfer the vegetables to a plate. Set aside.
5. Using the remaining cooking oil (add a tablespoon of cooking oil if needed), stir fry the marinated beef over high heat for 5 to 10 minutes by batches. Do not overcrowd pan and cook until beef is crisp and tender.
6. Place all the beef back in the pan and season with light soy sauce, oyster sauce, and cooking wine. Toss and turn until the beef absorbs the flavor.
7. Add the stir-fried vegetables and continue to stir-fry for another 2 to 4 minutes. Add little water as needed to make it saucy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve, share and enjoy!
Serving size: 5
You may also try our:
Credits: Laces Recipes to Try
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.