What is the secret to cooking a super delicious Chicken Afritada? Follow this recipe and feast on a sumptuous classic Filipino recipe we all love. Happy cooking!
CHICKEN AFRITADA RECIPE
2 tablespoon olive oil or your regular cooking oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium onion, sliced
4 medium tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 medium bell peppers ( one green and one red)
1 green finger chilies, cut tip off to release heat while cooking
2-3 medium potatoes, wash, peeled and quartered
1 large carrot, diced
1/2 cup green peas
3 bay leaves
salt and pepper or fish sauce to taste
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1. Wash the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. In a pan, heat oil over high heat and saute or fry the chicken. Turn over until both sides are browned. Drain from oil and set aside.
3. In the same pan, saute garlic until lightly brown and onion becomes soft and transparent. Add sliced tomatoes, and slight mashed it to release the natural juices.
4. Next, add your fried chicken back. Add potatoes, carrots, bay leaf and green chillies. Saute them all together. Pour in tomato sauce, water and cover pan to let it boil. Let it simmer in low heat after it boils. Let it cook for 5 minutes more.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Remove cover and add the bell peppers and green peas and cook until both chicken and vegetables are tender.
7. Add breadcrumbs last to thicken the sauce, cook for a minute before turning off the heat.
8. Serve with hot steamed rice. Serve hot and enjoy.
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.