Homemade Tinapa, Fish Tapa or Smoked Fish. They are all the same. Best to partner these with Tinapa Fried Rice. No need to crave if you’re far from home. For those who are interested, cold fish smoker is available on different online stores like Lazada or Shopee. You may also opt to make an improvised heat fish smoker and look for it in YouTube to save money in buying. Just look for the keyword “Fish Smoker”.
HOMEMADE TINAPA RECIPE
5 kilograms Mackerel (cleaned)
1 cup Salt
8 cups Water
4 cloves Garlic
1/2 tbsp Pepper
1 pc knorr cube
2 Bay leaves / laurel
Olive oil – for rubbing after the fish are smoked
1. Add water, salt, garlic, bay leaves, pepper, and knorr cubes in the bottom part of your steamer. Stir well.
2. Over low heat, simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let the brine water cool down.
3. Soak the fish in brine water for 1 hour.
4. Remove and drain brine water from the fish. Reserve brine water for later use.
5. Place each fish on the steaming tray and season with a little salt on top.
6. Over medium heat, let brine water boil. And continue simmering using low heat.
7. When the water is boiling, place the steaming tray with fish over steamer cover with cloth on top to avoid water drippings. Steam for 30 minutes.
8. Air dry the fish in open air or use an electric fan
9. Smoke fish until they turn golden brown using a “fish smoker”.
10. Cool smoked fish before brushing each one with olive oil.
It’s now ready for packaging!
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.