This recipe is just like Bicol express, except that it is stewed with Sigarilyas (Winged beans). Just like Bicol express it is stewed with coconut milk with long green chili peppers and pork. Very healthy and delicious!
Sigarilyas Express (Spicy Winged Beans)
1/2 kilo pork belly, cut lengthwise
12 Pieces winged beans
5-10 Pieces green long chilli (siling haba)
2-3 Pieces bird’s eye chili (siling labuyo)
1/2 Cup bagoong (shrimp paste)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 can coconut milk (about 2 cups)
1. In a wok over medium fire, heat oil and saute garlic until brown and onion becomes transparent.
2. Add the sliced pork belly and stir fry until pork turns brown.
3. Add bagoong (shrimp paste), continue stirring for about 1 minute.
4. Pour 1 can of coconut milk. Place cover and let it simmer from medium to low heat until pork is cooked through and coconut milk thickens. Stirring from time to time.
5. Add siling labuyo. Siling haba and sigarilyas.
6. Cover your pan and let it simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Until sauce becomes thick and a bit oily.
7. Suggested vegetables you can add:
Lima beans (patani), Baguio beans and Cassava leaves are other varieties you can add to this recipe.
You may also try our:
Want a Mama’s Guide Mobile App? From our website, go to chrome browser settings and click “Add to home screen”. An icon will automatically display on your mobile screen for you to access our website anytime you want.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our daily updates of recipes and click yes to notifications. Happy cooking!