This Homemade Mango Ice Cream is easy to make! You can use any cream you like or whipping cream too. I used Ever Whip vegetable cream 1,000 grams tetra pack,an ideal cream for Vegetarians and for people with Lactose intolerant.
Just a note, you may use any kind of whipping cream brand or even Nestle All Purpose Cream. I normally just use APC for all of my Ice cream. But if Im feeling very lavish, I would spend on some whipping cream too. It is very light in taste.
Watch Now: Homemade Mango Ice Cream Video
Homemade Mango Ice Cream Recipe
1 large ripe mango, cubed and seed removed (garnish)
2 cups sweet mango puree, (from 3 large ripe mangoes)
1 can condensed milk (per can is 300ml)
1 cup fresh milk/evap
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
1 tsp yellow gel color
200g MY San crushed grahams (powder type)
500 grams Ever Whip cream, (I used half of 1,000g pack)
1. Chill the ingredients in the fridge (Whipping cream, mango and condensed milk).
2. In a large mixing bowl, pour in cream and start whipping with an electric mixer over high speed until double in volume.
3. Then add in fresh milk and keep beating until thickened.
4. Add your gel color and continue beating for about 8-10minutes until a hard peak forms on the tip of the spatula.
5. Gradually add condensed milk in 2 batches as you continue to beat the cream. Once the color is well blended and the cream is in hard peak form. Cover the bowl and let it chill inside the freezer for 1-2hours.
6. Prepare the mango flesh and make a puree in the blender. Set aside and let it chill in the fridge.
7. Take out the cream mixture from the freezer and beat the cream again for about 1-2 minutes and add in the mango puree. Beat it again just until blended. Set aside.
8. Prepare your ice cream container (should be airtight). Do the layering of crush grahams, and chocolate chips and ice cream mixture.
9. Last layer should be fresh mango cubes on top. Seal the ice cream container. Let chill inside the freezer for overnight (8hours).
10. Scoop and serve, and garnish with chocolate chips on a bed of crushed grahams and slices of fresh mango cubes. Share and enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Photos are © Copyright to Mama’s Guide Recipes