Skip to content
Post Views: 57,809
This holiday season try this easy and super delicious Cheesy Pork Menudo recipe. Classic Filipino favorite recipe!
Cheesy Pork Menudo Recipe
- 1 kilo of pork shoulder, cut into cubes
- 300 grams of pork liver, cut into cubes
- 4 jumbo hotdogs, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup of calamansi juice
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 pieces of potatoes , diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 piece of onion, chopped
- 1 piece of red bell pepper, diced
- 1 piece of green bell pepper, diced
- 1 piece of carrot, diced
- 2 -1/2 cups of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated (toppings)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Salt and pepper or fish sauce to taste
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce and calamansi juice. Add pork and marinate for 30 minutes to an hour in the refrigerator. Remove pork from marinade but set the liquid aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Fry potatoes until lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the marinated pork and liver and cook until lightly brown.
- Add tomato sauce, marinade sauce, bay leaf and water. Let it boil and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add raisins, hotdogs, potatoes, carrots and bell pepper. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper or fish sauce.
- Garnish with grated cheese. Serve, share and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Share this to your friends: