Pork Menudo Recipe
1 kilo of pork shoulder, cut into cubes
300 grams of pork liver, cut into cubes
4 jumbo hotdogs, sliced diagonally
1/2 cup of calamansi juice
1 cup of soy sauce
2 pieces of potatoes , diced
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 piece of onion, chopped
1 piece of red bell pepper, diced
1 piece of green bell pepper, diced
1 piece of carrot, diced
2 1/2 cups of tomato sauce
1 cup of water
1 piece bay leaf
3 tablespoons of oil
Salt and pepper or fish sauce to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce and calamansi juice. Add pork and marinate for 30 minutes to an hour in the refrigerator. Remove pork from marinade but set the liquid aside.
2. Heat oil in a Saucepot over medium heat. Fry potatoes until lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same pot, sauté garlic and onions.
4. Add the marinated pork and liver and cook until lightly brown.
5. Add tomato sauce, marinade sauce, bay leaf and water. Let it boil and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
6. Add hotdogs, potatoes, carrots and bell pepper. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper or fish sauce.
8. Serve. Share and Enjoy!