Here’s a simple yet delicious recipe of Halabos na Hipon (Boiled Shrimp). Nice and easy to prepare, just marinate it for a few minutes for best result. Enjoy!
Halabos na Hipon
3/4 kilo shrimps
1 (500-ml) 7-Up (or Sprite)
pinch of paprika (optional)
pinch of pepper powder
2 tbsp Vinegar
1/2 tsp Salt
Siling Labuyo / Chili (optional)
1. Clean and trim the shrimps. Use scissors to cut excess parts (antennae, legs,etc)
2. Place the shrimp in a medium pan, pour soda and water. Let it marinate for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. (You may also add a pinch of sugar, pepper or spanish paprika for an added flavor)
4. Over medium fire, heat the pan and let it boil until almost dry.
5. Turn of heat and transfer to serving plate. Garnish with your favorite fresh chopped herbs and vinegar dipping sauce. Just perfect! Dive in…
You may also try our:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.