Here’s a simple yet delicious recipe of Halabos na Hipon (Boiled Shrimp). Nice and easy to prepare, just marinate it for a few minutes for best result. Enjoy!
Halabos na Hipon
1 kilogram shrimp (preferably large size)
2 tablespoon margarine or butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup Sprite or 7-Up
1 tablespoon rock Salt
1. In a bowl, season shrimp with salt and marinate with sprite. Let it stand for a few minutes or longer.
2. In a wok, melt butter and sauté garlic until golden brown. Then transfer into a plate. Set aside.
3. Add the shrimp together with the sprite marinade. Cover and bring to a boil.
4 Stir and mix from time to time to even out cooking for about 3 mimutes or until all the liquid has evaporated.
5. Transfer the shrimp into the plate and garnish with toasted minced garlic.
6. Serve and enjoy with steamed vegetables like okra and talong with soy dipping sauce and fried Tilapia.
Dipping Sauce: (optional)
4 tablespoon soy sauce
1 large tomato, sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced