for the pastry dough
3 1/2 cups flour (+ 1/2 cup flour)
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup freezing water
for the filling
lucky leaf apple pie filling
add white sugar and cinnamon powder to your apple pie filling as desired sweetness.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the 3 1/2 cups flour, salt, and butter.
2. Gradually add the freezing water and combine evenly.
3. Sprinkle some flour (using the remaining 1/2 cup flour) on a clean counter top.
4. Knead the flour mixture for at least 7 minutes.
5. Cover the dough with clingfilm and put inside the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes, get the dough from the refrigerator and use rolling pin to flatten the dough.
7. Cut the flattened dough according to your desired design.
8. In a baking pan, arrange the pastry dough.
9. Add the apple pie filling and spread evenly.
10. Get the remaining pastry dough and place over the apple pie filling.
11. Brush the pastry dough with an egg-wash.
12. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
13. Bake the apple pie for at least 40-50 minutes.
14. Get the apple pie from the oven. Slice and then serve.
15. Share and happy eating!