Simple and easy recipe of How to cook biko. For people whose just starting to cook, the steps are easy to follow and fail proof. Happy cooking!
How to cook Biko
for the biko:
2 cups glutinous rice (sticky rice)
2 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp pandan extract (optional)
for the topping:
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup brown sugar
wash the glutinous rice first before cooking, and drain the water properly.
you can use the latik, to grease the baking pan.
for the topping
1. In a pot, pour the 1 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1 cup sugar.
2. Switch on the stove and stir constantly for about 25 minutes or until it thickens. Set aside.
for the biko
1. In a pot, pour the 2 1/2 cups coconut milk, 1 1/2 cup water, pandan extract and the glutinous rice.
2. Switch on the stove, cook until the glutinous rice will be half cooked.
3. Add the sugar, then stir occasionally until cooked. Set aside.
4. Grease the baking pan.
5. Transfer the cooked glutinous rice to the baking pan, spread evenly.
6. Pour the caramel or latik on top of it, then spread evenly.
7. Preheat the oven to 130 degrees celsius.
8. Bake the biko with the topping on it for about 40 minutes.
9. Remove the pan from the oven. Let it cool down.
10. Slice the biko. Place on a serving plate, then serve.
11. Share & happy eating!
You may also try our:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes. Credits