2 cups glutinous rice (sticky rice)
3 cups coconut milk
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar (or less)
4 pieces peeled ginger (cut into 3/4″ chunks)
1. Rinse the glutinous rice and place into the pot.
2. Add the coconut milk, cover and let it boil.
3. Add the sugar, salt and ginger. Mix well.
4. Turn heat to lower setting, simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
5. Remove the ginger.
6. Transfer on a serving plate with heated and greased banana leaves liner, arange slices of fresh mango on the side and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds for garnish. Presentation really counts a lot.
7. Share and happy eating!
You may also try our:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Photo by @theyogicharlie