2 cups glutinous rice (sticky rice)
3 cups coconut milk
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar (or less)
4 pieces peeled ginger (cut into 3/4″ chunks)
1. Rinse the glutinous rice and place into the pot.
2. Add the coconut milk, cover and let it boil.
3. Add the sugar, salt and ginger. Mix well.
4. Turn heat to lower setting, simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
5. Remove the ginger.
6. Transfer on a serving plate with heated and greased banana leaves liner, arange slices of fresh mango on the side and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds for garnish. Presentation really counts a lot.
7. Share and happy eating!