How sour do you want your Sinigang na Hipon? For some who doesn’t prefer to use Sinigang Mix, you can cook Sinigang without Sinigang mix. Make your own fresh souring agent like Calamansi or cook with lots of tomatoes and a thumb of ginger.
We all know ideally, the traditional way of cooking sinigang is the use fresh Tamarind. Boil and mash it using strainer by saueezing out all the juice in the soup. Perfectly soured soup, slurp and enjoy your hot soup.
Here’s a list of Sinigang na Hipon with a twist you can cook:
- Sinigang na Hipon sa Bayabas
- Sinigang na Hipon at Salmon
- Sinigang na Hipon at Baboy
- Sinigang na Hipon sa Calamansi
- Sinigang na Hipon at Isda
- Sinigang na Hipon with Gabi
- Sinigang na Hipon with Talong
- Sinigang na Hipon with Luya
- Sinigang na Hipon sa Kamias
- Sinigang na Hipon sa Miso
- Sinigang na Hipon with Okra
- Sinigang na Hipon with Pechay
- Sinigang na Hipon with Spinach,
Sinigang na Hipon
500 grams shrimp (with head)
1 large onion, quartered
5 pieces tomatoes, quartered
1 pc. labanos or white raddish, slice (slant)
5 pcs string beans (sitaw)
2 pcs Siling Haba (Long green Chili Pepper)
1 eggplant, slice (talong)
3 pcs okra, slice
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 bundle kangkong, (remove leaves from big stems or excess stems)
1 pack Sinigang Mix
2 tbsp fish sauce
4 cups water or (rice washing/hugas bigas water*)
1. In a large pot, pour the water and bring to boil. (*If you have rice washing, its better to use 3rd rice washing. Rice washing is the water leftover you use to rinse raw rice before steaming, instead of discarding the water, you set it aside for your soup base.)
2. Add onions, tomatoes and labanos. Cook until texture becomes soft.
3. Put-in the sinigang mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the string beans, okra and siling haba. Simmer until vegetables are cooked.
5. Add shrimp, fish sauce, egg plant and ground black pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes
6. Add the kangkong. Turn off the heat, then cover the pot for 2 minutes.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl, then serve.
8. Share and happy eating!
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.