300 grams shrimp (with head)
2 pieces tomatoes
1 large onion, quartered
1 cup string beans (sitaw)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup pechay
1 pack sinigang mix
2 tbsp fish sauce
4 cups water or (hugas bigas water*)
1. In a large pot, pour the water and bring to boil. (*If you have rice washing, its better to use 3rd rice washing. Rice washing is the water leftover you use to rinse raw rice before steaming, instead of discarding the water, you set it aside for your soup base.)
2. Add onions and tomatoes. Cook until texture becomes soft.
3. Put-in the sinigang mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the string beans. Simmer for 3 minutes
5. Add the shrimps, fish sauce and ground black pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes
6. Add the pechay. Turn off the heat, then cover the pot for 3 minutes.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl, then serve.
8. Share and happy eating!