Of course you can’t eat raw pork, this is basically Grilled Pork Belly in Ceviche sauce. In Visaya, they grill the pork before adding to the vinegar concoction. It’s really delicious as an appetizer for any spirits or booze (inuman) or even a favorite recipe for summer outing in the beach with barkada. Rapsa! Happy Cooking mga ka-MGR!
Pork Kinilaw ala Sinuglaw Recipe
- 1 kilogram Grilled pork belly, cubed/chopped ( any precooked/grilled pork belly)
- 3 pieces lemon, juiced (or 8 pieces calamansi)
- 1 ½ cup vinegar
- 3 cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
1. In a serving bowl, add the chopped grilled pork belly.
2. Add cucumber, ginger, onion, vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, lemon/calamansi. Mix thoroughly.
3. Let the mixture stand for at least an hour and let it soak. You may refrigerate it first to let the spices and vinegar marinate into the grilled pork .
4. Transfer to a plate, then serve.
5. Share and happy eating!