“The under appreciated cousin of brownies – the golden colored blondies. Although not as extremely popular as brownies, it has its own appeal and is infinitely versatile.
Brownies are a chocolate lover’s dream while blondies flavor profile is that of the taste of molasses because of the brown sugar.
Keeping with its golden color, I used butterscotch chips (or chocolate chips if you prefer) and walnuts. I urge you to give it a try. You’ll be surprised at how great tasting it is.” Happy baking!
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Pinch of salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter an 8×8 pan or line it with parchment paper with an overhang to lift blondies out of the pan and onto the cutting board.
3. Mix melted butter with brown sugar; beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
4. Add salt, stir in flour. Mix in any additions (below).
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle.
6. Cool on rack before cutting them.
Further additions, use one or a combination:
*1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts, toasting them first for even better flavor
*1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips
*1/2 teaspoon mint extract in addition to or in place of the vanilla
*1/2 cup mashed bananas
*1/4 cup bourbon, scotch or other whiskey, increase the flour by one tablespoon
*2 tablespoons of espresso powder with the vanilla
*Stir 1/2 cup dried fruit (cherries, cranberries etc.) into the prepared batter
You may also try our new recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Don’t forget to Pin us in Pinterest.
You may also “Add Mama’s Guide to your Home Screen” just like an app for android or IOS.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Credits Kitchen Offerings