One of my all-time favorite muffins is the classic blueberry muffin. But then who says you can’t improve on it. So on a whim and a few adjustments to the recipe, I added ube jam to the mix which I thought would be an excellent contrast to the tartness of the blueberries. And sure enough, it is a winning combination.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup ube jam (purple yam spread)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a cup, place vegetable oil, egg and milk. Stir and combine with the flour mixture.
- Add ube jam. Do not over mix and leave a few streaks of the ube. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups right to the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.