“One of my all-time favorite muffins is the classic blueberry muffin. But then who says you can’t improve on it. So on a whim and a few adjustments to the recipe, I added ube jam to the mix which I thought would be an excellent contrast to the tartness of the blueberries. And sure enough, it is a winning combination.”
1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup ube jam (purple yam spread)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
3. In a cup, place vegetable oil, egg and milk. Stir and combine with the flour mixture.
4. Add ube jam. Do not over mix and leave a few streaks of the ube. Fold in blueberries.
5. Fill muffin cups right to the top.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.