Easy Chicken Afritada
4 tbsp. cooking oil
1 cup tomato sauce
4 pieces dried bay leaves
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 large potato, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 pieces hotdogs, sliced
1 1/4 cup water
1 chicken broth cube
1 onion, chopped
3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
1 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- Heat a pot, pour-in cooking oil.
- Fry the chicken for 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and onions. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced hotdogs, tomato sauce, water, chicken cube, bay leaves.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- At this point, you can add more water as needed.
- Add the potato and carrots. Simmer for 7 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Season with salt, sugar, and ground black pepper. Adjust based on your taste preference.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn-off heat. Transfer to a serving bowl, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!