(SAUTEED BEAN SPROUTS WITH TOFU AND SHRIMPS)
Another simple and easy “Lutong Bahay” or home cooked meal for the family. The healthier version of ginisang togue minus the pork.
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 block tofu, cubed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 pound shrimp (peeled & deveined)
10 cups bean sprouts
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1-2 teaspoons fish sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
Oil for frying tofu
1. In a wok, heat oil and fry tofu until golden brown on all sides. Set aside.
2. In the same wok, reserve 2 tablespoons oil. Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes. About 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the bean sprouts, shrimps, and oyster sauce.
4. Continue cooking over medium heat until shrimps are pink and bean sprouts are slightly wilted.
5. Stir in the fried tofu.
6. Add fish sauce to your liking.
7. Correct seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.