2 pounds lomi noodles
1/2 pound pork belly, sliced into strips and boiled until tender
1/2 pound shrimps, shelled & deveined
1/4 pound quekiam, sliced into strips
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small cabbage, shredded
8 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in a little bit of water
2 raw eggs, beaten
1-2 tablespoons fish sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
Sliced green onions and fried garlic for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pot. Saute garlic and onions.
2. Add pork, quekiam and fish sauce. Saute for a minute or so.
3. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
4. Drop in cabbage. Cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add noodles and shrimps. Once both are cooked add the dissolved cornstarch to thicken the liquid.
6. Salt & pepper to taste.
7. Turn off heat.
8. Stir in beaten eggs in one direction.
9. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with sliced green onions and fried garlic.
You may also try our new recipe:
Photo by My Kitchen Offerings