Pancit Lomi is a Filipino Chinese noodle soup made from thick fresh egg noodles or also known as Miki. Perfect recipe to make for a cold weather or a rainy day with matching puto on the side. Slurp..
2 pounds lomi noodles
1/2 pound pork belly, sliced into strips and boiled until tender
1/2 pound shrimps, shelled & deveined
1/4 pound quekiam, sliced into strips
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small cabbage, shredded
8 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in a little bit of water
2 raw eggs, beaten
1-2 tablespoons fish sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
Sliced green onions and fried garlic for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pot. Saute garlic and onions.
2. Add pork, quekiam and fish sauce. Saute for a minute or so.
3. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
4. Drop in cabbage. Cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add noodles and shrimps. Once both are cooked add the dissolved cornstarch to thicken the liquid.
6. Salt & pepper to taste.
7. Turn off heat.
8. Stir in beaten eggs in one direction.
9. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with sliced green onions and fried garlic.