Rich and luscious Pandan Macapuno Cupcakes. The macapuno as always elevated the pandan cupcake and turned it into a lavish dessert in a cupcake. Super yummy!
1/2 cup hot milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pandan flavoring
green food coloring
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the pandan icing:
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon pandan flavoring
3 drops green food coloring
2/3 cup macapuno preserves
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C
2. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
3. Combine the hot milk and butter.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pandan flavoring and about 5 drops green food coloring, using an electric mixer at high speed until light and fluffy, about two minutes.
5. Beat in the flour, baking powder and salt on low speed until just blended, then beat in the milk and butter mixture.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pans and bake for 30 minutes and toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Prepare the icing:
1. With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy, about five minutes.
2. Beat in the milk gradually, then blend in the pandan flavoring and green food coloring.
3. Frost top of muffins. Top with macapuno preserves.
1. I find the icing to be too thin so I added a little bit more powdered sugar, then I refrigerated the icing for an hour to thicken before frosting the cupcakes.
2. Due to varying oven temperatures, do the toothpick test after 20 minutes. Your cupcakes may be done in less time.
You may also try our:
Adapted from a recipe in the cookbook, “Kape” by Vicky Veloso-Barrera and Chit Juan.