These chicken wings are spicy hot and sweet. You can use fresh habaneros or alternatively any hot chilis/hot sauce if habaneros are not available. Either way these chicken wings will be so deliciously good. If oven is not available, you may fry/grill these wings instead.
Spicy Mango Chicken Wings
1/2 kilogram chicken wings
½ cup flour
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 mango, fruit flesh
3 habanero peppers, optional seeded or unseeded (hot chili sauce, alternatively)
2 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons lime juice
¼ cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF/220ºC.
2. Combine flour, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Using paper towels, pat the chicken wings to let it dry, then roll it in flour mixture.
4. Transfer chicken wings on a wire racked baking tray. Bake at 425ºF/220ºC for 45 minutes (flip the chicken halfway to even out cooking).
5. Prepare Sauce: Use a food processor or blender, blend together the mango, habanero peppers, garlic, paprika, apple cider vinegar, and lime juice. Blend until fully combined. The mixture should be a bright orange vibrant color.
6. In a saucepan, add the honey with the mango habanero mixture over medium heat. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until your sauce reaches a prefered consistency.
7. Toss and coat the baked chicken wings in sauce then place back on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake it again at 450ºF/230ºC for about 8-10 minutes or until sauce has slightly caramelized.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.