I’m giving you a head start on food-gifting ideas for all occasions and even holidays. A gift of food and the ones you personally made are the the best ones and heart warming to anyone who will receive it. Cause you’re giving a piece of yourself, your time and effort. Just priceless.
This banana bread recipe yields 4 loaves. You may use decorative paper loaf pans. So all you need to do is wrap them in cellophane. Tie with a ribbon, attach a gift tag, and you’ve got yourself a gift that is sure to please.
Banana Mochi Bread Recipe
- 1 box Mochiko rice flour (16 ounce) box
- 1 cup Bisquick* or Maya Hotcake Mix (Use any pancake & baking mix)
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups bananas, very ripe & mashed
- 1 cup walnuts or macadamia nuts, chopped
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Separately mix oil and vanilla and add to dry ingredients.
- Add eggs and mix together until batter is well blended. Stir in bananas and nuts.
- Pour into 4 greased loaf pans (8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches). Let batter sit for about 5 minutes before putting it in the oven.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour, do a toothpick test, if it comes out clean, it is done.
- Remove from oven onto a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
A recipe by Jo Anne Sugimoto