I’m giving you a head start on food-gifting ideas for all occassions and even holidays.
A gift of food and the ones you personally made are the the best ones and heart warming to anyone who will receive it. Cause you’re giving a piece of yourself, your time and effort. Just priceless.
This banana bread recipe yields 4 loaves. You may use decorative paper loaf pans. So all you need to do is wrap them in cellophane. Tie with a ribbon, attach a gift tag, and you’ve got yourself a gift that is sure to please.
1 box mochiko rice flour (16 ounce) box
1 cup Bisquick* or Maya Hotcake Mix (Use any pancake & baking mix)
4 teaspoons baking soda
4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups oil
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups bananas, very ripe & mashed
1 cup walnuts or macadamia nuts, chopped
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Separately mix oil and vanilla and add to dry ingredients.
2. Add eggs and mix together until batter is well blended. Stir in bananas and nuts.
3. Pour into 4 greased loaf pans (8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches). Let batter sit for about 5 minutes before putting it in the oven.
4. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour, do a toothpick test, if it comes out clean, it is done.
5. Remove from oven onto a wire rack to cool.
A recipe by Jo Anne Sugimoto